10 SIMPLE RULES FOR HEALTHY EATING
by Dr. Jeffrey Eisenberg, author of Suckered: The History of Sugar, Our Toxic Addiction, Our Power to Change.
1. Eliminate all sweetened sugary beverages (soda, fruit juice, energy drinks).
2. Drink more water (add lemon, lime, strawberries, cucumber).
3. Become a sugar detective (over 55 names for sugar).
4. Don't be fooled by labels that claim “all natural, organic, no sugar added”…the sugar is there.
5. Real food doesn't come in a box or have a wrapper…it comes from the ground.
6. Any food with a nutritional label is processed; the longer the label the more processed.
7. Make your own meals again, at least once a day, and avoid fast food restaurants.
8. Avoid eating anything that has more grams of sugar than fiber.
9. Avoid artificial sweeteners.
10. Fat is not your enemy. Sugar is your enemy.